The oneoahu.org website.
Applications for the Small Business Relief and Recovery Fund reopened in a limited capacity as of 12 noon on December 1, 2020. Please review the “Updates and Changes to the Program” button for more information.
SMALL BUSINESS RELIEF AND RECOVERY FUND: Purpose is to reimburse small businesses for costs incurred from business interruption due to Emergency Proclamations and help small businesses implement safety precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- ONE-TIME reimbursement for expenses up to $20,000 to each qualified business that continues to be closed or must operate at greatly reduced capacity through Honolulu’s Covid-19 Recovery Framework (previous recipients of SBRRF in these categories are eligible for this grant):
- Gyms & Fitness Facilities
- Commercial Recreational Boating
- This Special grant is in addition to the standard SBRRF. Applicants in this category who apply for the standard SBRRF and who qualify also for this Special grant will first be processed for the standard SBRRF, and then the Special grant. The servicing credit union will follow this sequence and work with the applicant.
- ONE-TIME reimbursement for expenses up to $20,000 to each qualified business that has less than $2,000,000 in gross annual revenue. Businesses that received grants under this program previously can reapply for up to $20,000, less the amount preciously received (i.e., if received only $8,000 previously, can apply for $12,000)
- ONE-TIME reimbursement for expenses up to $30,000 to each qualified business that has from $2,000,000 to $3,000,000 in annual revenue; ONE-TIME reimbursement for expenses up to $40,000 to each qualified business that has from $3,000,000 to $4,000,000 in annual revenue; ONE-TIME reimbursement for expenses up to $50,000 to each qualified business that has from $4,000,000 to $5,000,000 in annual revenue.
- Eligible business types:
- a. Businesses registered with the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs and sole proprietors
- b. Non-profit organizations registered with the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs and designated as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(19)
- An eligible business must actually operate in a physical commercial space. Ineligible businesses include home-based businesses, home offices, and businesses with only a post office box or in-car-of address as its business address. An applicant must have a lease dated prior to March 20, 2020 or own the location from which it conducts its operations.
- Agricultural businesses are eligible if meeting all qualifications. Eligibility will be determined by assessing Tax Map Key or leas of Tax Map Key associated with location of business operation.
- Commercial Fishermen (not Longline Fisherman) can apply for the Small Business Relief and Recovery Fund for a maximum of $2,500 of qualified expenses. See special tab for qualifications and application procedures.
- Owner must be Hawaii resident and business must be located in the City and County of Honolulu.
- This is a REIMBURSEMENT program; proof of payment required: receipts, cancelled check, or other proof of payment needed (an unpaid invoice is not proof of payment and does not qualify; taxes other than sales tax on purchases are not reimbursable).
- Fund will not reimburse payments applied from another Federally-funded CARES Act Paycheck Protection Plan (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), etc.
- The fund can also reimburse expenses incurred to implement physical distancing and other safety precautions to comply with business opening and operating guidelines.
- Examples of Eligible Expenses:
- Physical Distancing Measures
- Reimbursable items for commercial fisherman
- Examples of Safety Precautions:
- Increasing physical separation between employees at the worksite
- Increasing physical separation between employees and customers
- Costs associated with delivering products through curbside pick-up or delivery
- Provide hand cleansers in the workplace, including alcohol-based hand sanitizer at least 60% alcohol
- Placing hand sanitizers in multiple locations to encourage hand hygiene.
- See full Qualifications and Requirements at tab on right to see if your business qualifies and Applications tab to prepare documents to apply
Apply for the Commerical Fishermen Program
Apply for the Commerical Fisherman Relief and Recovery Fund here: https://www.hificu.com/sbrrf-fishermen.
Applications for the Small Business Relief and Recovery Fund are currently closed. Please check this site again starting at noon on December 1, 2020 for more information and the application link.
The City and County of Honolulu Office of Economic Development (OED) is partnering with local credit unions who will distribute the funds. Apply to appropriate credit union using last four digits of your GET number. You need not be a member of that credit union and will not be asked to join. Partner Credit Unions:
Aloha Pacific Federal Credit Union – (808) 531-3711
Hawaiian Financial Federal Credit Union – (808) 832-8700
HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union – (808) 844-8995
Honolulu Federal Credit Union – (808) 777-5646